RO/DI Question

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

WhatCouldGoWrong71

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I have the 4 stage value plus 100 GPH. What is the benefit of adding "Triple DI Saver Kit with Resin and TDS Meter IN STOCK SKU 200148B" to my system? Is it just longevity, or will it ensure perfect water?

TangerineSpeedo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess it depends on your water. But generally mixed bed DI resin is going to use one (Anion/Cantion) before the other. So while one might be used up the other is still viable. But you have to throw all of it away. If you separate the two, you will only have to replace the one that gets used up, when it does. You use the mixed bed in the end just to catch anything the first missed. By using this, you will be able to run in your original 4 stage (prefilter and two carbons)

Bulk Reef Supply

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The benefit of the Triple Stage DI add on kit is that you now have the ability to run separated beds of DI resin rather than just one mixed bed. This means that you'll only through away the resin that is exhausted rather than the entire mixed bed which will still have a portion that is good to keep filtering. Anion Resin tends to be what depletes first and is roughly 60% of our standard color changing mixed bed resin, while Cation can take awhile to deplete. This means that a fair portion of that mixed bed is still good when the Anion is exhausted and changes colors.

With that said, this Triple Stage is best added to an RO only system. Since you have the 4 stage, we'd recommend doing the Dual Deionization Canister with DM-1 Dual TDS Meter (SKU 400019) so you have a total of 3 stages of resin instead of 4. This will mean you initially have 3 stages of mixed bed, but when you are ready to change out the resin you can then swap the first stage for the Pro Series Cation, the second for the Pro Series Anion, and then the last stage with a mixed bed resin of your choosing.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 75 35.0%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 3.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 58 27.1%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 66 30.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 3.7%
Back