RO/DI Recommendations

PharmrJohn

The Dude
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As the title states, I need a recommendation on a good RO/DI. My planned size of reef tank will between 90 and 120G, depending on the deal I get. Thanks!

SlasherZ

I dunno, and at this point I'm too afraid to ask
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following because I've also started looking into buying a system! Tired of buying my water.

Debramb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following because I've also started looking into buying a system! Tired of buying my water.
Great referral: Mark at Meleves Reef ! He’s unit works on our high Alkaline well water. We bought a used 125gl and got a 5 -stage from Brs with it, barely used. Even with full replacement the TDS and high alkalinity
Wouldn’t drop. Mark actually developed his system 20+ years ago and has been copied. He’s a great guy to work with and a great product. His web site and YouTube videos, live every Saturday are very educational. Please check him out, I promise you’ll be happy.
Debra
PS : my husband is trying to pay Mark to help get the 125 plumbed and ready!!

ReeferFive-0

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the Spectrapure MaxCap 90. I like their systems and used my last one for over 10 years before replacing it with another Maxcap unit. With my use, I change out the membrane every 1-2 years, sediment and carbon filters every 6 months, and the DI cartridges annually.
MaxCap 90

braaap

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Soectrapure is hands down the best on the market.

But the BRS 5 stage units are great too.

Uncle99

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve used a geek pure Amazon three stage and a separate refillable DI and this unit gives me 40g per week, Zero tds water. DI lasts for about 350-400g and the membrane ran 18 months before requiring replacement.

Used for 180g + 40g sump + 50g refuge.

Cheap but effective.

OP
OP
PharmrJohn

PharmrJohn

The Dude
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Then any of the fairly basic 4:1 rodi systems will work for your needs.
Do you know what your TDS is currently? I mean roughly.

Please forgive me, but is TDS an indicator of water hardness? If so, I'm not sure. I've found what contaminate concerns there are on a specific level, but TDS is not among the information on the site I was on.

KStatefan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact Russ @Buckeye Hydro and get a system to meet your demands for your water quality. Russ is a sponsor here and helps people with their RODI problems weather they purchased from him.

ReeferFive-0

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please forgive me, but is TDS an indicator of water hardness? If so, I'm not sure. I've found what contaminate concerns there are on a specific level, but TDS is not among the information on the site I was on.
Hardness is mainly how much calcium and magnesium is in water, which is what home water softeners remove. TDS refers to total dissolved solids. RODI water is stripped of everything, giving pure H2O.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 52 40.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 15 11.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 37 28.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 24 18.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back