RO water okay for starting out?

Stuckita

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone, I am fine with getting a RODI down the road, but for starting the tank cycle is RO water okay? There is a RO machine near me that has 5g for $2 which is pretty economical.

The_Paradox

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone, I am fine with getting a RODI down the road, but for starting the tank cycle is RO water okay? There is a RO machine near me that has 5g for $2 which is pretty economical.

Will work no problem to get your tank going. I would be annoyed having to haul jerry cans back and forth but gotta what ya gotta do.

RRA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How big is the tank?

Honestly I’m a firm believer of doing things right the first time even if it means delaying the build slightly. Last thing I want to do is non 0ppm water leeching into my rock and dealing with that down the road. Are you sure the waters 0ppm, I haven’t used just RO water in over 18 years and forget how much the DI pulls exactly.

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
JMO but I wouldn't trust machines. Who knows if the filters and membranes are maintained properly. Is their a lfs nearby that you could get RODI from? I typically trust only myself for matters like water but I would trust my lfs more than I would a machine.

OP
OP
S

Stuckita

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately not. This machine is brand new at a new location so hoping it’s in its prime..

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 22 29.7%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 27 36.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 25.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back