Rob G's SCA 125 Build

Robg719

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 1, 2016
Messages
77
Reaction score
88
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very excited to start my new build. Just got a 125 gallon SCA Starfire system (60x24x24) with 68 gallon sump. Been planning this for quite awhile and finally pulled the trigger.

Have all my equipment ready, except lighting which I am still deciding on (currently thinking an LED/T5 combo)... probably going to mount to the hood 2 Hydra's (or Radion G4 Pros's) + 1-2 retrofit T5's fixtures... but open to suggestions.

Hoping to get all the wiring and plumbing done over the next few days and get this baby cycling.

More to come!

IMG_3426.JPG
 
FWIW I found LED/T5 combo gave me the best results. This is 3 Hydras with 4 T5s.
IMAG0475.jpg

Im currently running a 8 Bulb T5 and the growth and color are great and its nice to not have to tweak with anything but there was a deep depth of color I got from the combo. Good luck with the build!
 
FWIW I found LED/T5 combo gave me the best results. This is 3 Hydras with 4 T5s.
IMAG0475.jpg

Im currently running a 8 Bulb T5 and the growth and color are great and its nice to not have to tweak with anything but there was a deep depth of color I got from the combo. Good luck with the build!
Thank you. Is yours mounted to your hood? Trying to figure out best options to mount to my hood.
 
Now that my tank has been up and running for 7 months, i thought i would share some updates.

This first pic is early Sept '17 when i added my existing fish and frags

IMG_4076.JPG
 
I use to have this tank. I miss it quite a bit as it’s a great tank size.

The tank is looking great!!!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 3.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new