OP
feh

feh

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
beautiful build so far! great designs on the furniture i can't wait to see more ! haha

Thanks. I think I have my work cut out for me with the drain plumbing, but I'll have a better idea once the tank is here. I have a few ideas but nothing concrete yet. I know where I plan to bring it into the cabinet and rough ideas on how to route it to where I need, but I still want to mount the dosers and ATO pump to the back wall above where the plumbing will be coming in.

OP
OP
feh

feh

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Few pics of the tank I thought I'd share before it ships. Reef Savvy really did a nice job. I couldn't be happier.

tank1.jpg

tank2.jpg

tank3.jpg

tank4.jpg

tank5.jpg

OP
OP
feh

feh

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks awesome! I love my ghost. It's fantastic.

Thanks. I like that they open up the tank instead of stealing real estate which was one of the turnoffs with my old Deep Blue 75 especially with a center overflow. I couldn't pull the trigger on something with an internal overflow this time. This one has low iron glass on three sides and a phantom bottom. Can't wait to see it in person.

spspirate

Tidepool Explorer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great looking setup!! I'm doing a Reef Savvy as well. Sweet sump and skimmer. Tagging along:)

gnarly_reefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks good! I love my ghost,its whisper quiet!!Are you going to use hard PVC or flex? I used hard PVC for mine wish I would have used the flex PVC ....

OP
OP
feh

feh

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great looking setup!! I'm doing a Reef Savvy as well. Sweet sump and skimmer. Tagging along:)

Thanks. Do you have a build thread for it?

Looks good! I love my ghost,its whisper quiet!!Are you going to use hard PVC or flex? I used hard PVC for mine wish I would have used the flex PVC ....

I'm planning to mostly hard plumb it with PVC, but if there will be any flex PVC or not I'm not sure. If at all I may use some on the back side of the tank and stand to connect to whats in the cabinet to the overflow box. Did you use all 3 drains? I more than likely will, but I do intend to use at least two - one to feed the filter sock and one to feed the fuge. If I use the 3rd I'll cut it short in the cabinet so there is a little noise to get my attention. I do foresee the use of unions in a few places and at least 1 gate valve for the fuge drain.

Also I'm going to do the return pump like I always have and hard plumb it all the way except last few inches that connects directly to the pump. I'll use tubing to help damper any vibration. I went with a single return on the back of the tank, but I'm thinking about using an eductor to get a little more flow from it without having to shove a lot of water thru the sump to do it. This is where the fun with the adjustable flow rate on the pump will come in handy if the head height doesn't knock it back much. I have a few other ideas I'm thinking on with the plumbing, but they're more aesthetics than anything else.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Beautiful tank!

OP
OP
feh

feh

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Exciting news... the tank will be delivered Tuesday afternoon. Can't wait to see it. Felix and Reef Savvy have been great to work with and I may be a repeat customer in the future.

ws6kid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lots of detail and excellent craftsmanship in this thread. Makes me feel like I need to revisit my sump layout :)

OP
OP
feh

feh

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lots of detail and excellent craftsmanship in this thread. Makes me feel like I need to revisit my sump layout :)

Thanks. I'll be sorting out and finalizing plumbing next week when the tank is delivered. fuge light should be here by then too. Builder ran into a snag which delayed shipping.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Nice!

OP
OP
feh

feh

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Thanks Rev. Here's the moment we've all been waiting for...

itshere.jpg

closeup.jpg

And a sneak peak at the backside where the gate valves will be to tune the flow.

overflowbox.jpg

I can't be more pleased with the craftsmanship Reef Savvy put into this tank. The silicone work is second to none too.
All the attention to detail is well worth the wait.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 76 44.4%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 79 46.2%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 16 9.4%
Back