OP
feh

feh

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like reseating the roller assembly on the ATO pump resolved the issue with it having problems holding a siphon so I won't have to RMA the pump which is a good thing. I also picked up a few little things I needed to finish up the plumbing. I have a union for the return line I need to install so that removing the sump from the cabinet isn't a hassle and a few other little things to make life easier. I've also picked up a 1" coupling and 1 to 3/4" bushing to finish up the fuge drain. I'll try to get this stuff done next week while on vacation. I need as much as I can to keep busy next week as I've decided to try to quit smoking the hard way - cold turkey.

brandon85

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
good luck on kicking the smokes. you will have lots more cash for the hobby. I just wish i could lol.

OP
OP
feh

feh

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
good luck on kicking the smokes. you will have lots more cash for the hobby. I just wish i could lol.

True, but not why I'm doing it. My plan is just to take it one day at a time. I took 9 days off from work to help get thru the first 10 days without the added stress of work. We'll see how things go. If I can make it through the first 9 or so days without smoking I think I have a pretty good chance. Been reading things like the link below to help prepare.

Smokeout Tips for Cold Turkey Quitters

Gardy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome build. I love your work on the stand and I may steal your idea of the apex slide out for mine as well. That's a nifty idea

kevantheman35

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well there goes 2 hours of my life lol. Awesome build can't wait for more updates. Love your attention to detail. I spent months and many paychecks building my stand as well. Now I'm upgrading to a larger 24 inch cube and think I'm building a new stand again haha.

OP
OP
feh

feh

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. It looks like this build is going to more than likely be postponed. Some things have happened and I'm not sure when I will be able to finish it. When it rains it pours...

OP
OP
feh

feh

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It looks like it will be sometime in January before this tank sees rock and sand at the earliest due to unforeseen circumstances. I hope to be in a house by then so there may be some additional parts to the build once I've gotten things taken care of.

OP
OP
feh

feh

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well... as of right now looks like I'm moving back to my home town. Company I worked for decided to make some business decisions that effects my job so I was forced to jump ship. I'll be moving to the Charlotte area in a couple of weeks and will resume the tank build once I've gotten settled in. I've accepted a decent offer with a nice a company and I'm excited to get going with my new job. So for now it's the thing I dread most. I hate moving. :tongue:

OP
OP
feh

feh

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm finally settled in and start the new job tomorrow. Still need to put the tank back together, but will work on that as soon as I have a chance. So far nothing was damaged in the move. Once I've got the tank completely back together I'll do another leak test and work towards getting some rock and sand in this puppy to start a cycle. May be a little while, but hoping to get things rolling ASAP. Moving always sucks and it sucks on the wallet too. All goes well I hope to have some rock and sand by end of next month.

Unfortunately my clowns and yellow watchman didn't make the trip. My living arrangements were a little up in the air so I did what was best for them and re-homed them. They will be missed and they all had great personalities. The goby was my buddy though. Anyway makes me sad thinking about them. You get attached to animals you've had for a few years. Long story short apartment hunting didn't go as easy as expected. Most places I was interested didn't have anything larger than a show box available and so forth. It was a real headache and I had planned to stay with my sis for a while until I found a place, but at the last minute decided to take the place I'm in.

Anyway so it look's like I'm starting from scratch with stocking the new tank once I've cycled it. In the meantime I'll be shopping around looking for a nice LFS in the Charlotte area. Thomas Brown did some videos touring stores and one of them is a place my aunt has been telling me to check out for a few years, but traveling with live stock isn't always easy. Guess I'll have my chance to scope the place out in the near future. I'm wore out and need to get some rest so I don't look like hell on my first day at new job. I'll update again once I've made some progress with the tank. One last thing it feels good to be back home and around family and friends again.

OP
OP
feh

feh

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I may be starting a cycle this weekend or the next. Need to make some water and retest everything is working and no leaks.

OP
OP
feh

feh

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A little way to go, but I'm hoping to have it filled before bed tonight.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414497772.359367.jpg

Changed out all the carbon blocks, sediment filter, membrane, and the DI resin in my RO/DI system before I started making water. All goes well I'll be tossing some rock and sand into the tank Saturday.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414497911.267246.jpg

OP
OP
feh

feh

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We're getting there. Not sure the ORP is accurate. Rock and sand has been ordered and just waiting for a call back on it to confirm everything, get AWB info. All goes well I'll have rock and sand Saturday.

vitals.jpg

spspirate

Tidepool Explorer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking like your on a good track! What rock and what sand did you order?

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.4%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.6%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 86 79.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.6%
Back