OP
LynzieS

LynzieS

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like we need to meet up sometime. I love LPS and softies. I'm worried about my mushrooms taking over before I can get some contrast in there.

Leslie Tabor

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey MN ppl!! So I have left over boxes of brand new sand, and 1 pink white polyp toadstool, bright green nepthea, and some gorgonian that I need to frag or toss. If anyone is interested let me know. Just PM me so I make sure I see it!
20190904_155240.jpg
20190904_155151.jpg
20190904_155306.jpg
20190904_155401.jpg

Definitely not shipping! Lol

Aframereef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone gone to this before? It would be a 3 hour drive for me. Just wanting to know what to expect.

Why-Me

Been going against the grain since I was a sapling
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's been full with vendors and a great success the past few years since I joined. If you haven't already, join us on TCMAS.
We have a pre sales thread going right now with amazing corals, macro and inverts up for grabs.
There's amazing bubble tip anemones, a bunch of sps, beautiful euphyllia and tons of softies too.
Oh and plenty of equipment for sale as well.

Alan_J_MN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there any local reefer close to Rochester? Looking for some people to talk to and look at tanks and general reef stuff since it seems most everything and everyone is in Minneapolis.
0_Resized_20190322_122420.jpeg
Hi Linzie, I am a (soon to be) new reefer in NW Rochester. Had freshwater tanks in the past, but never saltwater. Just ordered a 90 gallon tank. Will be setting it up over the coming months. Wish me luck!

Alan
Is there any local reefer close to Rochester? Looking for some people to talk to and look at tanks and general reef stuff since it seems most everything and everyone is in Minneapolis.
0_Resized_20190322_122420.jpeg
Hi Linzie, I am a (soon to be) new reefer in NW Rochester. Had freshwater tanks in the past, but never saltwater. Just ordered a 90 gallon tank. Will be setting it up over the coming months. Wish me luck!

Alan

Alan_J_MN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like we need to meet up sometime. I love LPS and softies. I'm worried about my mushrooms taking over before I can get some contrast in there.
Hi Lynzie,
Yes, we should. I'd love to see your tank. Mine is delayed in shipping as the stand is out of stock. It will be another 2 weeks before I get it, and probably at least 5-6 weeks before it is cycled. I'm planning on softies to start with as they seem to be the easiest to grow.

n240sxle91

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, I'm new to reef2reef, but I've been on the other forums for over 15 years. I'm in Rochester too, so it's good to see there's still some reef life in this town. I apologize if this isn't the right spot for this, but I wanted to try to find locals for a skimmer I have.

I have an old ASM G5 skimmer that has been in storage for years. Does anyone know anyone who would be interested in it? It is rated for up to 700 gallons, and new it cost $640. It has two Sedra 9000 pumps. It was modified to be a recirculating skimmer in the past, but the holes were patched up as the mod didn't seem to help foam production. One of the pumps' covers is broken and has zip ties to hold it in place. It ran this way just fine for a year, so shouldn't be an issue. However, if you wanted, you could replace the pump. Several years ago, just before deciding to move to a smaller skimmer (I have a light bio-load), I replaced one of the impellers. I paid $60 for the impeller, and it basically hasn't been used since then. I just want to find a good home for it, so I'm only asking $50 for it. It may not be a pretty skimmer, but it is a beast of a skimmer. If you need a large skimmer, for $50 you can't go too far wrong with this one.

Alan_J_MN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, Welcome to R2R! I’ve been hoping to connect with other reefers in Rochester. I’m brand new to saltwater, and my tank hasn’t even arrived yet :(. Should be here next Friday and then I’ll be slowly setting it up.

If you don’t get any bites locally, there is a forum for equipment sales. Buy, sell, trade... search for it

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 129 88.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back