Rochester

Aframereef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thought I would post some tank shots. Not a lot of variety but someone might want some frags.

20200126_105528.jpg 20200126_105520.jpg 20200126_105508.jpg 20200126_105559.jpg

Woodyth

PITTER PATTER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, I've been on R2R for a while now, just noticed this forum though. Just starting out. tanks been up for about 6 months now. just starting to feel like my tank is ready for inhabitants besides cuc! In need of a BTA (well clowns too) , so I can fulfill my wife's dream of a pair of clowns in an anemone. Lets keep this going!

Leslie Tabor

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, I've been on R2R for a while now, just noticed this forum though. Just starting out. tanks been up for about 6 months now. just starting to feel like my tank is ready for inhabitants besides cuc! In need of a BTA (well clowns too) , so I can fulfill my wife's dream of a pair of clowns in an anemone. Lets keep this going!
I have to agree with your wife, there is something magical when your clowns host their anemone! I will never forget that feeling when they first settled in!

Woodyth

PITTER PATTER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Petco scares me, but they have 3 maroon clowns that are about the same size that would be perfect starters. Anyone bought anything from them? Or know any breeders of maroon clowns or or percs that I could get two from?

Alan_J_MN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Petco scares me, but they have 3 maroon clowns that are about the same size that would be perfect starters. Anyone bought anything from them? Or know any breeders of maroon clowns or or percs that I could get two from?
Hi! We are new to reefing and just getting the tank wet. No fish as yet. We’ve been looking at both Petco in Rochester and wondering the same thing. Not sure if we will buy from them, however the fish they had this weekend looked pretty healthy. If you buy, I would love to hear about your experience.

Alan_J_MN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi! We are new to reefing and just getting the tank wet. No fish as yet. We’ve been looking at both Petco in Rochester and wondering the same thing. Not sure if we will buy from them, however the fish they had this weekend looked pretty healthy. If you buy, I would love to hear about your experience.
And happy to meet a local reefer!

dougers31

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You probably already know this but Maroons can get pretty big and can be very aggressive... but if that's what you want go for it. Just remember to spend a good 20 to 30 minutes analyzing any and all fish from Petco to see if they show any signs of disease.

I don't have any fish for you guys but if you ever need low to higher end frags I usually have at least 100+ on hand over here in Albert Lea :)

Woodyth

PITTER PATTER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My buddy gave me some bright green mushrooms, must have been 6 or 7 of them, what I thought were decorator crabs, I found eating them so the crab catch was on. got rid of 2 of the 3 of them and still have 3 mushrooms left so going to see if I can get those to grow. :) Will report back! Good to meet some locals here.

Why-Me

Been going against the grain since I was a sapling
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a lawnmower blenny from petco in Brooklyn park I believe?
He was healthy fish until he jumped out one night.
But I agree with @dougers31 Inspect any fish you buy from them or anywhere for that matter for a good 20-30 min.

n240sxle91

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hope everyone here is doing well!

I have an aquarium issue that I am currently working on, and thought I'd put this out there.

My 360 gallon acrylic (6'x4'x2') tank has started to get a seam separation on the side/top seam. I have sent e-mails to a couple of custom aquarium builders to get their thoughts, but I'm guessing if the tank is savable it will be more work than I'm wanting to do.

Even if its savable, my wife is already thinking that getting a new aquarium might be the best option. I think she'd like to go with a slightly smaller corner tank. If we end up not keeping the tank, is anyone here interested in it? If so, I'd highly recommend you reinforce it before using it as a fish tank. That being said, as it sits, it would be a great terrarium. Again, we have not decided one way or another what we'll do, but I'm trying to get a plan together so I know what my options are.

n240sxle91

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a quick update... I talked to an acrylic aquarium manufacture and they gave me three options to do try.

1. Inject Weldon into the seam and see if that holds.
2 Drain the tank and use Weldon to reinforce the seam on the inside with a new piece of acrylic.
3. Do nothing and keep monitoring.

I will try option one first, but I'm not sure what I'll do if that doesn't work. If I end up needing to reinforce the tank I might just start over and let someone else tackle that project. We'll see.

HuskerTank

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m sorry about your tank! That sounds like a lot of heartache!

Hope everyone is staying safe in Rochester.
Here is a FTS of my tank taken today.
81ACE731-51CC-435B-BD94-81EEF2DCF2EF.jpeg

Had a tank crash about 3-4 weeks ago with a lot of losses, and the SPS that survived had significant browning. Things are starting to bounce back though.

n240sxle91

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh man, I'm sorry to hear about your tank crash, but I'm glad to hear it's on the mend. The pic of your tank looks great. Shouldn't be long before it's as good as new!

Woodyth

PITTER PATTER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just checking in, Ended up with a pair of picassos from New Wave. Also was given a Rainbow BTA back in Apr. It stayed where I put it until about a week ago, now he's on the move. Trying to find a anemone schedule for my prime hd. I'll add some pics later and ask for critiques. Started in September, so still learning :) Far from how I want it to be, but very happy with how it's came so far!

IMG_20200613_092927.jpg IMG_20200613_092854.jpg MVIMG_20200613_092916.jpg

Aframereef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m sorry about your tank! That sounds like a lot of heartache!

Hope everyone is staying safe in Rochester.
Here is a FTS of my tank taken today.
81ACE731-51CC-435B-BD94-81EEF2DCF2EF.jpeg

Had a tank crash about 3-4 weeks ago with a lot of losses, and the SPS that survived had significant browning. Things are starting to bounce back though.
Love the bubble on the right.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back