Rock Flower Anemone issue?

richardmclendonjr

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 18, 2026
Messages
8
Reaction score
1
Location
Atlanta
What state or country do you live in
Georgia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is my rock Flower Anemone not doing well? He's always been anchored to the bottom buried in the sand but today he decided to uproot and now he's just hanging out on top of the sand

image.jpg image.jpg
 
Personally I would place it on a rock.
 
I'm not sure what particular type of rock flower anemone it is, but its in the name, its not a sand flower anemone know what I mean
 
I have rock flowers. They will move where they see fit. I've placed mine on rocks and they will move to the sand or back back to a rock, it just all depends.

I don't think placing it on a rock will make it stay. If it likes the sand I recommend to just leave it. Anemones are able to move where they have the best light and flow. Just my humble opinion.
 
Mine prefers the sand however next to a rock , maybe move it to edge of rock
 

Attachments

  • IMG_3417.jpeg
    IMG_3417.jpeg
    159.2 KB · Views: 36

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 5 45.5%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 27.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new