Rock Flower Anemone question, should I worry?

  • Thread starter Thread starter gsw0716
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

gsw0716

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 9, 2024
Messages
269
Reaction score
119
Location
Fairfield, ca
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I added an RFA to my 10 gallon tank about two weeks ago, I have three in my other tank, have some sort of basic knowledge but still very new to them. The RFA in my 10 Gallon has been inverted for a while with my clown laying on it late at night. Today, I noticed a piece of it on another rock. I know they spawn, but there is no other RFA in the tank, so I'm hoping it's not melting or sick, etc. Also, unless my eyes aren't trained yet, the foot seems fine. Here are some pics.

20250701_114718.jpg 20250701_114640.jpg 20250701_114707.jpg 20250701_114638.jpg
 
It doesn't look inverted. They can contort themselves into weird angles and appearance. Its looking for a place to settle. Its possible it released babies.

The femals fra will absorb sperm from the mIl than spit out babies. Its possible yours spit out some babies
 
It doesn't look inverted. They can contort themselves into weird angles and appearance. Its looking for a place to settle. Its possible it released babies.

The femals fra will absorb sperm from the mIl than spit out babies. Its possible yours spit out some babies
Thank you. Sorry, it's been inverted, not anymore. I was just curious because I see one little piece of the rfa but wasn't sure if it's a baby or if it broke off. If it is a baby. Does it have a good survival rate?
 
Thank you. Sorry, it's been inverted, not anymore. I was just curious because I see one little piece of the rfa but wasn't sure if it's a baby or if it broke off. If it is a baby. Does it have a good survival rate?
It does
 
I could not really tell from these pics. You'll want to try and take pics for help under bright white light in the future.

RFAs are pretty hardy critters generally.
 
I could not really tell from these pics. You'll want to try and take pics for help under bright white light in the future.

RFAs are pretty hardy critters generally.
After turning on my lights for the first time today, it definitely looks like it's melting away. Should I try to save it or get it out of there? I'm wondering with my clown constant trying to lay on it at night, if it became stressed.
 

Attachments

  • 20250703_132149.jpg
    20250703_132149.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 65
  • 20250703_132221.jpg
    20250703_132221.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 50

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 20.9%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 11.6%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 25.6%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 3 7.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 9 20.9%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new