Rock flower anemone question?

Ksull72487

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1605654031003.jpeg

Picked this guy up today it was the last one. So I know he’s a survivor.For my Fluval 13.5. I have never had an anemone before and couldn’t imagine anything bigger than a rock flower. He’s acclimating right now. Once he’s done do I just pick him up and stick his foot in a rock. I’m sure the little guy will move. What would be the best bet.

OP
OP
Ksull72487

Ksull72487

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Next question do I feed. I know some guys don’t but I’m thinking he’s small so it might be worth doing. Yeah I wanted something that didn’t move in this tank but I have Frogspawn, bubble coral and elegance coral. Just got toad stool today as well. I figured since this tank started agressive let’s get the rock flower and figure out the peaceful stuff later lol. Toad stool is the first peaceful coral. I like to place aggressive stuff first since I can see what it does. How far the tentacles etc go.

Sierra_Bravo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Next question do I feed. I know some guys don’t but I’m thinking he’s small so it might be worth doing. Yeah I wanted something that didn’t move in this tank but I have Frogspawn, bubble coral and elegance coral. Just got toad stool today as well. I figured since this tank started agressive let’s get the rock flower and figure out the peaceful stuff later lol. Toad stool is the first peaceful coral. I like to place aggressive stuff first since I can see what it does. How far the tentacles etc go.

I've never target fed any of mine and they've easily tripled in size.

OP
OP
Ksull72487

Ksull72487

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
523267A3-2195-4F82-92AA-52F1B488A006.jpeg

He’s in!!!!!! That sucker attached in 10 minutes. I left flow off for 30. That whole rock I may do 1 more I could have a little garden. And I’m Defintely upgrading the Fluval light. This thing is crapola for exposing coral, new color. Yeah it’ll work!!! But the color is crap.

Last edited:

cyclone21

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice. I've fed mine krill but don't need to. They have been fine for long periods without target feeding. I just like to give them something once in awhile

Billdogg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice! It will move to wherever it wants to. There is absolutely nothing you can do about it and in fact you can cause them harm by trying to get them to go where they don't want to.

As for feeding - I target feed mine maybe once a week with a little bit of something meaty (Rod's Original) I find that it grows a bit faster that way and it has certainly improved it's color.

Should there ever be another swap meet around here I'll probably pick up a couple more.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 57 39.6%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 33 22.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 34.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.5%
Back