Rock flower nem in a pico

  • Thread starter Thread starter Redbird5
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Redbird5

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 22, 2025
Messages
789
Reaction score
437
Location
Metro East St. Louis
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have successfully kept a 2.5g Maxspect Dice Pico aquarium for over a year. Currently I would two sexy shrimp, one very small colony of zoas and a green striped goby and a small CUC, four snails. I would love to add a RFA to it, but I'm cautious because I'm not 100% sure that AI is telling the truth when it tells me I can do this. Can this be done? Or should I add it my 45g?
 
Ehhh? It could work; it just might be a little crowded in there with a 2.5 g, especially when you have corals in there.
 
You have the 45 if it doesn't work out so I would try it and see how it works. One would make a nice center piece in a pico I think. I only have 3, one is from a spawn. The baby has moved a few times as it's grown but the other two haven't moved in years.
 
You have the 45 if it doesn't work out so I would try it and see how it works. One would make a nice center piece in a pico I think. I only have 3, one is from a spawn. The baby has moved a few times as it's grown but the other two haven't moved in years.
Those are my thoughts as well.
 
Perfectly fine! They don’t need much room. Heres one of mine with some sexy shrimp
IMG_2928.jpeg
 
I definetly agree with everyone else, should be fine and will look awesome
 
I know saltwater aquarium has some for 120 I think but they are randomized so are the cheaper ones at top shelf aquatics
 
$120 is steep. I got mine for $35 at my local fish store
yeah prices can vary pretty largely with rock flower nems with less common colors or patterns being more money but i agree as far the saltwater aquarium.com price its overpriced
 
yeah my lfs has managed to breed yellow rfa's and sells them for 100 i think OP's best chance is a lfs
Yellow and orange are rare colors. I almost bought a $120 from WWC. It has insane colors, but I instead bought a bunch of corals during their live sale lol.
 
My LFS doesn't have unique colors. Or hasn't lately, plus I'd like to try and order something from QCC. I really like Biota, Tidal Gardens is awesome and what experience I have with QCC is good too.
 
My LFS doesn't have unique colors. Or hasn't lately, plus I'd like to try and order something from QCC. I really like Biota, Tidal Gardens is awesome and what experience I have with QCC is good too.
I’ve seen occasionally really cool rock flower nems on tidal gardens before best of luck hope you find an awesome one
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 18.2%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 2 18.2%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 2 18.2%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 5 45.5%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new