ROCK POOL REEF KEEPERS GROUP

GARRIGA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
As a kid I enjoyed rummaging at low tide finding toadfish and inverts in south beach. Been trying to find the time now as an adult to go collect them as a I have where to put them. Just trying to understand our collection laws. I’m not messing with FWC and can collect my own blue legged hermits and astreas plus used to capture baby French angels as a kid right off the beach. Our sargassum often carry frog fish, tons of shrimps and other inverts and never know what fish fall out when shaken. Fun times.

OP
OP
Nano_Man

Nano_Man

Anemone L
View Badges
Reaction score
As a kid I enjoyed rummaging at low tide finding toadfish and inverts in south beach. Been trying to find the time now as an adult to go collect them as a I have where to put them. Just trying to understand our collection laws. I’m not messing with FWC and can collect my own blue legged hermits and astreas plus used to capture baby French angels as a kid right off the beach. Our sargassum often carry frog fish, tons of shrimps and other inverts and never know what fish fall out when shaken. Fun times.
They have laws over in the uk
But if you have a fishing rod nothing to worry about because you’re fishing. If you took one anemone and it splits in your tank it classed as captive bred and they carnt say anything

PeterErc

View Badges
Reaction score
Here’s what FWC says, they ruin all the fun.

GARRIGA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Here’s what FWC says, they ruin all the fun.

I know and it can change without warning and why I mean I need to understand our laws. Plus might get one who doesn’t but thinks they do. Imagine getting locked up for possessing a bug not listed

PeterErc

View Badges
Reaction score
I’d rather be locked up than have my truck, and all gear confiscated. I ran into a real champ not too long ago. Must be the one you are talking about.
He wants to mess with people coming in. Why not walk around the corner and ruin the day for a guy with a bucket of short snapper.

GARRIGA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I’d rather be locked up than have my truck, and all gear confiscated. I ran into a real champ not too long ago. Must be the one you are talking about.
He wants to mess with people coming in. Why not walk around the corner and ruin the day for a guy with a bucket of short snapper.
Never know and best just make sure one doesn’t posses anything remotely not on that list or too many of it. Including actually fishing. If I gotta measure. It goes back. Why chance it. They don’t mess around. Granted some do break the law like the guy with too many short mangroves.

OP
OP
Nano_Man

Nano_Man

Anemone L
View Badges
Reaction score
IMG_20240106_161131.jpg

OP
OP
Nano_Man

Nano_Man

Anemone L
View Badges
Reaction score
Have you seen the jellyfish tanks? I would love one of those except I heard the jellyfish have a short life span.
Just what I was thinking jelly fish tank would look awesome but I don’t know much about them at the moment. Will need to investigate lol

kevgib67

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Just what I was thinking jelly fish tank would look awesome but I don’t know much about them at the moment. Will need to investigate lol
They are hyptonizing to watch. They are in a round tube like tank.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 45 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 17 6.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 157 57.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.0%
Back