Rocky mountain fish filter

MichaelReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Went Clarisea about a year ago and will never go back to socks. Rollers are amazing...I run 100 Micron and it lasts me 2-3 months on a big roll. Totally worth it.

KalamazooReefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe I am an idiot but I am going to give them a try. The 100 dollar price tag isn’t nice. I have 4 filter sock spots…which is even worse. 4 lines that come into the sump. Two of which have been diverted into a RedSea roller filter. In all Honesty I could get another Red Sea filter roller for the same price but the sock holder would be fairly worthless at that point . Currently it has been just using media cups for the last few years. Their website sucks and has jack for information. I guess I will be the test dummy. Lol…I will take donations for my reviews lol. Another big thing is that the filter rollers RedSea at least maintains itself and even removes the waste from the system. Yet, if I can get more filtration and it isn’t a dang nightmare. 50 percent goes into the RedSea roller and the other through the filter sock area.
You won’t regret it. I’ve been running them for a week. Way better than socks.

OP
OP
K

Kedron1977

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm so disappointed in that product. The red flag for me was tha fact that they stop replying to questions people had. Maybe the do work in theory but in application it needs some more work.
I hope they can solve the flow problem.

Last edited:

marcisaninja

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought one at the Denver ReefStock. I totally regret it. They clog super fast and restrict the flow. I have a 90 gallon that is lightly stocked.

Reign1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad these forums exist so we can see the review/feedback real world applications sometimes before taking the plunge.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 42 31.1%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.7%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 34 25.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 48 35.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.4%
Back