RODC 5500 or Vectra M1?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Drmojoxl
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Drmojoxl

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 8, 2015
Messages
6
Reaction score
2
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have just acquired a 125 gallon and am looking at return pumps. I like the DC pumps because they seem to be much quieter. I'm torn between the Reef Octopus RODC 5500 and the Echotech Vectra M1. I like the idea of adjustable flow vs a ball valve which is harder on the pump. Anyone have experience with either of these?
 
I absolutely love my Vectra M1.
It is dead silent.
 
How will you be controlling it? I'd considered the Vectra but since it wasn't apex compatible I ended up going with the Waveline 1000I.
 
How will you be controlling it? I'd considered the Vectra but since it wasn't apex compatible I ended up going with the Waveline 1000I.
The Vectra pumps have their own controller.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 35.5%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 9 29.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 5 16.1%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 3 9.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 2 6.5%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.2%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new