RODC 5500S skimmer pump questions

  • Thread starter Thread starter Rezac
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Rezac

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
May 22, 2015
Messages
79
Reaction score
13
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought an RODC-5500S pump for my diablo 300, It pumps water like crazy but it won't make any bubbles, I attached an air intake line to it and it still doesn't. The only way I can get it to is by slightly covering the water intake, it isn't a lot of bubbles but it is some. Coralvue said that the only replacement pump I can use is the HY-5000. They both have 1-1/4" outputs. My RODC doesn't seat as tight as the PSKs do. I could try an o-ring inside there since there is no room for one otherwise I suppose. Anyone have any ideas?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 15.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 33.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 12 7.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 12 7.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new