RODI flush

p72c10

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning.
I only ment to flush my RODI for a few minutes before making a 30 gallon batch for a water change.

I forgot to switch the rinse valve to the off position and made 30 gallons with the rinse valve on.

Is the water good? (It was showing 0tds during production)

Did I just ruin my RODI membrane? (It is now producing water at TDS0 but at a Rate much faster as you would expect after it was rinsed for 14hrs smh)

OP
OP
P

p72c10

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you very much for your input I felt it should be fine but as a newbie I said I better ask. I was about to throw the water out. Thanks again

Upvote 0

Buckeye Hydro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As far as your membrane... you simply ran it for an extended time at very low pressure - that won't hurt the membrane.

When you run a membrane at very low pressure it produces permeate (RO water) very very slowly, and the rejection rate is very bad, so you likely ate up a lot of your DI capacity. If your experience was that you made your 30 gallons in the normal amount of time.... then your flush valve was not open.

Be aware if your flush valve was open that whole time you were running water through your carbon block the entire time. Pay attention to the rated chlorine capacity of your carbon block. We don't recommend going past 50% of the chlorine capacity.

Russ

Upvote 0

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 143 43.2%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 117 35.3%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 50 15.1%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 16 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.5%
Back