RODI pressure reding low

1fastfxr

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please help! I purchased a BRS 150 gpd 7 stage RODI unit from BRS with the water saver kit, as well as, an Aquatec CDP 8800 booster pump. After installing the pump and RODI unit per BRS directions I turned the unit on. To my disappointment, after flushing the system, the gauge on the unit only shows 32 psi after about 5 minutes of closing the flush valve and 36 psi max after about 2 hours of running. I've sent the pump back to Aquatec and they returned it saying they only needed to adjust the bypass for it to properly build pressure. I reinstalled the pump but still no change. I ended up borrowing another Aquatec CDP 8800 pump from a buddy. The pump makes 75 psi of pressure at his house, but at mine the gauge is only showing 32psi after startup and 36 psi after running for a couple hours. I've pulled both RO membranes and reseated them, checked the flush valve, now I'm clueless. Again, this is a brand new system so the filters are all clean. I would say that the gauge is bad, except for the fact that, it takes me around 14 hours to make 30 gallons of water. I have spoke to BRS and it seems that I keep getting stuck with the same guy at tech support who keeps insisting that I email them a complete video of system installation and of it running. The problem is my phone will not allow me email videos. Any help and suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please help! I purchased a BRS 150 gpd 7 stage RODI unit from BRS with the water saver kit, as well as, an Aquatec CDP 8800 booster pump. After installing the pump and RODI unit per BRS directions I turned the unit on. To my disappointment, after flushing the system, the gauge on the unit only shows 32 psi after about 5 minutes of closing the flush valve and 36 psi max after about 2 hours of running. I've sent the pump back to Aquatec and they returned it saying they only needed to adjust the bypass for it to properly build pressure. I reinstalled the pump but still no change. I ended up borrowing another Aquatec CDP 8800 pump from a buddy. The pump makes 75 psi of pressure at his house, but at mine the gauge is only showing 32psi after startup and 36 psi after running for a couple hours. I've pulled both RO membranes and reseated them, checked the flush valve, now I'm clueless. Again, this is a brand new system so the filters are all clean. I would say that the gauge is bad, except for the fact that, it takes me around 14 hours to make 30 gallons of water. I have spoke to BRS and it seems that I keep getting stuck with the same guy at tech support who keeps insisting that I email them a complete video of system installation and of it running. The problem is my phone will not allow me email videos. Any help and suggestions are greatly appreciated.
For posting videos create a YouTube and then post the link here.

lapin

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First thought is it is hooked up wrong. Second thought is there is a problem with the flow restrictor and allowing water to go down the drain instead of forcing it thru the membrane

OP
OP

1fastfxr

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First thought is it is hooked up wrong. Second thought is there is a problem with the flow restrictor and allowing water to go down the drain instead of forcing it thru the membrane
@lapin I'm positive it's hooked up correctly. Outlet of the pump goes into the inlet side of the sediment filter, waste water goes down the drain, and clean RO water goes into the cation cartridge. After it's filtered through the mixed bed resin it is released to my holding vat. Is there a way to tell that the flow restriction is bad?

lapin

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like its hooked up correctly. Only way I know is to change it out. Also check your flush valve. If its open water just runs thru causing lower water pressure

OP
OP

1fastfxr

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like its hooked up correctly. Only way I know is to change it out. Also check your flush valve. If its open water just runs thru causing lower water pressure
The flush valve is closed. I will contact BRS tomorrow for a new flow restrictor. Thank you very much.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 84 56.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.4%
Back