Rodi help, cant figure out whats going on

ryeguyy84

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last week I decided to replace my di resin so I did that and when I turned the rodi unit back on the pressure won't go above 10ish psi.

I figured it was time to change the sediment filter so I did that and in the process broke one of the fittings on the ro housing. Fast forward I replaced the fitting and it's still around 10psi.

I then decided to just cap the line (ball valve on the line) going into the ro membrane and the pressure went right up to 50psi. So then I bypassed the di stage and the pressure was still 10psi.

So then I replaced the flow restrictor and the auto shut off. No luck. It has to be something simple I'm just not seeing but I can't figure it out.

The ro membranes were replaced in August of 2023 so fairly new. The weird thing is I'm still getting decent output (about 5gph) with 3 tds coming from the ro stage. I'm tempted to replace the valve but it did read pressure when I capped the line so I don't think that's the issue.

Any ideas?

20240522_224401.jpg
20240522_224417.jpg
20240522_224422.jpg

OP
OP
R

ryeguyy84

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes there is a float valve, it's connected to a 55 gallon drum that my tank pulls from. It's filling tonight as I just filled my water change drum for the weekend. There's also a pressure tank that feeds an upstairs sink for drinking water but I turned that valve off just incase

Back