RODI ICP results

Geoology

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Received my ICP results for the rodi water. Not sure if there is anything here to be worried about or not. I see that I have some metals in the water that I have never heard of before and didn't know if I needed to be concerned about the levels or not. I am running a 6 stage brs unit. Any help would be appreciated. I am sure I will also be asking when the aquarium test arrives as well.

thanks

RODI_results.PNG

lapin

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see nothing to be alarmed about.

Dan_P

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Received my ICP results for the rodi water. Not sure if there is anything here to be worried about or not. I see that I have some metals in the water that I have never heard of before and didn't know if I needed to be concerned about the levels or not. I am running a 6 stage brs unit. Any help would be appreciated. I am sure I will also be asking when the aquarium test arrives as well.

thanks

RODI_results.PNG
Which vendor did you use?

Dan_P

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have used them before. I can’t be more specific right now but to say ICP-Analysis seems to detect many elements, too many maybe. They did a better job than ATI which detected nothing.

I deliberately spiked an RODI sample with aquarium water. ICP-A found the major elements in the right amounts. The trace elements were not so well detected. Again, ATI found nothing in my spiked samples. I would take trace elements with a grain of salt. I wouldn’t trust the concentration but assume that they might be there. At reported concentrations <1 ppb I would say the numbers might be wildly off, but not a concern.

So with that background I would judge your water to be OK.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 126 88.7%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back