RODI KITS

vogon

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Reefers. Quick question. Does it matter what brand of flush kit and shut off kit you buy for your RODI unit? They look fairly universal in how they assemble into unit but some RODI brands try to get you to buy specific brand kits. Thanks. Oh btw my RODI is an AQUAFX BARRACUDA 100gpd

R_C

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think it matters as long as it fits and you have the proper flow restrictors.

AZDesertRat

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn't waste money on a flush kit, I have yet to see a single documented study showing they do anything other than lighten your wallet.
For the ASOV kit I would stick with a trusted vendor and make sure it has a check valve included for a more positive shut off. As with most RO/DI related components you get what you pay for. There is a lot of imported junk in the industry and the older, trusted vendors have weeded all that stuff out.

OP
OP
V

vogon

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn't waste money on a flush kit, I have yet to see a single documented study showing they do anything other than lighten your wallet.
For the ASOV kit I would stick with a trusted vendor and make sure it has a check valve included for a more positive shut off. As with most RO/DI related components you get what you pay for. There is a lot of imported junk in the industry and the older, trusted vendors have weeded all that stuff out.
Great reply. Thanks Desert Rat

AZDesertRat

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It does matter, just because they look alike does not mean they are the same quality. Stick with vendors you see on the reef forums and avoid places like ebay and amazon unless the seller is a vendor known to you. There are thousands of vendors selling low quality components and it gives the legitimate vendors a bad name when their stuff fails since everyone gets the impression it is all the same. Over the last 25 years I have had housings fail, fittings fail, ASOV valves fail, float valves fail (especially float valves), and much more. It pays to research your purchase and vendor so you don't end up spending your hard earned money twice, once on the junk and again to replace it with a bad taste in your mouth.

OP
OP
V

vogon

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks man. Spot on common sense. I got an Aqualife ASV with float from Marine Depot. Cheers

OP
OP
V

vogon

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey there. Sorry to reply with a different subject. Can someone tell e how to create a new post? Got a question on waterflow through a uv sterilizer. Thanks

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 104 43.5%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 80 33.5%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 12 5.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.7%
Back