RODI taking forever to get to 0 tds

spikedangles

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a brs 4 stage RODI. Just changed all filters, including RO membrane. I have made 5 gallons of water and it's at 1 tds. How long should it take before it goes down to 0? I have the system hooked up at a hose coming right off the last main water to my house. Pressure seems strong but my pressure gauge is reading 0- leading me to believe it's broken.

OP
OP
spikedangles

spikedangles

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thinking maybe the tds meter needs to be replaced. The system say dry for 18 months while I acquired equipment for my build. Any thoughts?

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd probably start there, or give them a good clean and try that they might have some build up that is throwing the sensor off.

Last edited:

clownsrcool

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's your supply water TDS? Have you used this system previously and was able to get 0 tds or did you just hook it up now?

If your supply water is too high in TDS you may not be able to get it down to 0 without a DI stage. The best mine can do is get the water down to 3 before it enters my DI stage.

clownsrcool

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also pressure is important. If you are at pretty low pressure for RO/DI standards like below 50-60 then maybe just adding a booster pump to increase pressure and efficiency will get you down to 0.

OP
OP
spikedangles

spikedangles

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The tubing going into the meter wasn't seated properly- problem solved

Back