BRS Unit Leaking

  • Thread starter Thread starter ruxsir
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

ruxsir

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 29, 2024
Messages
244
Reaction score
144
Location
New Jersey
What state or country do you live in
New Jersey
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I bought a “brand new” used but never used 4 Stage BRS Plus RODI locally.

The inlet John guest elbow for the source water was broken and leaking so I got a replacement fitting from Home Depot.

However, this fitting also has a slow leak.

I’ve attached photos. The unit is currently running for now to do the 1 hour flush.

Any solutions?

The pressure gauge is also reading 0 but the unit is making water. I just have it hooked up to my garden hose for now. Any thoughts?

IMG_7276.jpeg IMG_7277.jpeg IMG_7278.jpeg
 
Let me try. I don’t want to snap it by rotating to far/ hard.
 
Ok. I will pick up some Teflon tape.

It’s only a minor leak, not gushing out. But I’d rather have no leak at all of course.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.7%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 15 27.8%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 33.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 11.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.6%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 6 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new