RODI TDS in mixing tub

Lionsreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was making RODI water today and testing it as it comes out of the 4 stage RODI filter. It was reading ~160 in and 0 TDS out.

I then put the fresh RODI water into my 20 gallon saltwater mixing tub which is a food grade Sterilite storage container.

Within minutes I tested the water and it read 45 ppm. Is that normal since there are trace amounts of salt and other minerals in the container from prior use or should I be concerned and look for a different mixing container?

OP
OP
L

Lionsreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is Sterilite tote that I'm currently using.

https://www.target.com/p/sterilite-...VmkoNCh0nTAA1EAQYASABEgIvrPD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

GUEST_e2946341-55d3-4229-be33-442a5e8fa269

ylreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was making RODI water today and testing it as it comes out of the 4 stage RODI filter. It was reading ~160 in and 0 TDS out.

I then put the fresh RODI water into my 20 gallon saltwater mixing tub which is a food grade Sterilite storage container.

Within minutes I tested the water and it read 45 ppm. Is that normal since there are trace amounts of salt and other minerals in the container from prior use or should I be concerned and look for a different mixing container?
Hi lionsreef.
I'm sure others will chime in to confirm but Iv also find the same to be true when using my old salt bucket to store my new RODI. I believe yes its due to the trace elements in the salt residue left in the bucket.

I do clean the bucket and dry it out after use but obviously it's not so easy to clear all traces away. I would think you have nothing to worry about there.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 27.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 32 36.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 26 29.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back