RODI water 6ppm sodium

Zachhll

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just received an ICP on my RODI water. How can it have 6ppm of sodium when I have multiple tds sensors showing 0 TDS. I have the Cation, Anion, and mixed bed that were all replaced just before I ran 10 gallons of water through and was getting 0 TDS before and after mixed bed.

IMG_4957.jpeg
IMG_4958.jpeg

OP
OP
Zachhll

Zachhll

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good to know. I actually received this test for Free at reefapalooza. I also sent out an ATI ICP at the same time it will be interesting to see what the difference in results is.

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree it may not be accurate, or it may have been contaminated after you produced it. Accurate or not, however, the test is fine for usability of the ro/di.

In fact, I know these ro/di tests are often free with a tank test, but I don’t recall seeing one where anything problematic was detected.

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good to know. I actually received this test for Free at reefapalooza. I also sent out an ATI ICP at the same time it will be interesting to see what the difference in results is.
ATI was the company that gave me the varying results from the same RODI. Don't be surprised if your ATI results are different than your current test. Different equipment, technicians etc. Then if they are different which you want to believe becomes the chore.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 16 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 11.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 147 57.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.5%
Back