Rodi water container question

  • Thread starter Thread starter m0nk3y69d
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

m0nk3y69d

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 5, 2013
Messages
724
Reaction score
31
Location
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone I was just wondering if I could use plastic barrels that hade iodine for cleaning cow utters in it if I clean it out really good with vinegar and rodi water and I was also wondering about the same type of barrel that had chlorine in it at one time
 
If it is FDA or NRS no problem. If it is soft plastic, that might be a problem.
 
Honestly, acquiring food grade containers that contained only food in the past isn't that hard or expensive. I would either sell or repurpose those barrels to something else and acquire some food grade containers.
 
Even a brand-new 40 gallon brute garbage can isn't very expensive. Recycled blue plastic barrels are common on craigslist and the like. Recycled IBC containers are the extra-large option if you need something that size.
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 5 35.7%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 6 42.9%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 21.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new