OP
jtl

jtl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update.
So after all this back and forth and excellent suggestions I put in a new membrane that Amazon sent me free because they screwed up my previous order a while back. I put the membrane in the canister and it felt like it was seated but I could still pull it out without a lot of effort. I pushed it in more, seemed fine but it was still a fraction of an inch above the top of the canister so I turned it upside down and pushed on the other end of the canister with a lot of force. It went down to point where it is totally even with the opening. Also the top seems to fit closer but this may just be the new canister I got from Buckeye Hydro. I will never know for sure but perhaps those that suggested that my membrane was not seated were correct. I am getting good TDI out of the membrane (about 5, down from 40) which is in part due to a new membrane but more importantly my ratio is now 3:1. Thanks for all of the help!

Now I am on to the next problem and that is nuking my gha. I have been fighting this for over a year and all of my params are good including NO3 and PO4. Tomorrow I am going to try the hydrogen peroxide dip since I can remove the small rocks that are the biggest culprits. Picking and brushing every week is just not cutting it. I only have this problem on the top rocks (light) and they are removable so here I go.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 27.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 32 36.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 26 29.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back