Rogue Star Fish!

Has a invertebrate climbed into the filter or cling to other parts of the filtration or equipment

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
OP
OP
The_ReefB0y_FOX24

The_ReefB0y_FOX24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Photo on 6-16-22 at 2.26 PM.jpg

Looks like that but has more arms. Sorry not an artist.

G Santana

Hospitality Elf
View Badges
Reaction score
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/this-little-pigg
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As I type this, I must have about 10 or so small keyhole limpets in my overflow. I love these little guys but I'd rather them in the display, but noooo they love the overflow.
Doesn't matter how many times I rescue them, they always manage to get back in the overflow.

moz71

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Coincidentally just doing my 6 month harvest of those little fellows. Here is my collection of just those off glass. Probably 1 tenth of what is in tank. Lol. Yes they will live everywhere
2618B9BF-702D-45D2-861F-B044F6FAA15D.jpeg

G Santana

Hospitality Elf
View Badges
Reaction score
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/this-little-pigg
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Coincidentally just doing my 6 month harvest of those little fellows. Here is my collection of just those off glass. Probably 1 tenth of what is in tank. Lol. Yes they will live everywhere
2618B9BF-702D-45D2-861F-B044F6FAA15D.jpeg
Holy smokes Batman!!!
Have you ever considered a Harlequin shrimp?
I am letting the population grow as much as they can and when they become a visual issue I would love to get a Harlequin shrimp as I have never had one and always felt kind of guilty thinking about buying a starfish to feed them.

You definitely have the numbers to possibly handle a harlequin!!!

moz71

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Holy smokes Batman!!!
Have you ever considered a Harlequin shrimp?
I am letting the population grow as much as they can and when they become a visual issue I would love to get a Harlequin shrimp as I have never had one and always felt kind of guilty thinking about buying a starfish to feed them.

You definitely have the numbers to possibly handle a harlequin!!!
Yes definitely thinking of that over last years. I only hesitate because I seen my large leopard and Malenarus wrasse pick at some small peppermint shrimp I had and eventually disappeared so was a little reluctant. May go for it and worst case wrasses have an expensive dinner. They do leave my large starlet cleaner alone.

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes definitely thinking of that over last years. I only hesitate because I seen my large leopard and Malenarus wrasse pick at some small peppermint shrimp I had and eventually disappeared so was a little reluctant. May go for it and worst case wrasses have an expensive dinner. They do leave my large starlet cleaner alone.
I'm sure someone in your area with a Harley would love to take them off your hands! Mine cleared out a heavily infested 90 gallon in about 4 months (it was TINY when I got it) and then I had to find folks like you with extras, or buy chocolate chip starfish. I recently loaned him to another reefer...

\m/reefsnmetal\m/

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I might want some help getting rid of it IF it multiplies. I love zoas. It might die on it's own because it is a tank that has only had fish for 6 days and it is in the heater chamber of my aio.
I wouldn't worry about it too much. I did not fully eradicate them from my system, but the ones that remain don't bother anything. That's what lead me to conclude that they'll only resort to eating corals if the competition for food becomes so intense. I was overdoing it with reef roids and I had hundreds to thousands of them before they became a problem.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 23.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 58 34.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 53 31.4%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 8.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.4%
Back