Roller mat for Innovative marine 75 gallon EXT

PhamousPhish

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 22, 2025
Messages
194
Reaction score
54
Location
Orlando
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For the stock IM 75 ext, the sump is RFS39. I've looked all over forums and gpt and can't get a clear answer. I don't wanna deal with filter socks. Is it possible to easily use a filter mat without modifications? I've seen the red seas are best but id like one that works and is quiet and that can fit in my sump. I dont think red seas will fit. Are there any options for roller mats in this sump? If you have a roller mat can I avoid having a protein skimmer? Thanks guys
 
For the stock IM 75 ext, the sump is RFS39. I've looked all over forums and gpt and can't get a clear answer. I don't wanna deal with filter socks. Is it possible to easily use a filter mat without modifications? I've seen the red seas are best but id like one that works and is quiet and that can fit in my sump. I dont think red seas will fit. Are there any options for roller mats in this sump? If you have a roller mat can I avoid having a protein skimmer? Thanks guys
Hi,
Unfortunately there doesn’t seem to be a “EASY” way to add a roller mat to the IM sumps without some modifications. People have been trying to find a way for years.

There has been word that Brian at IM is working on a roller mat for their sumps, but I’m not sure if those would be able to be retro fit into existing sumps.

Personally, I skip the socks, and just use filter floss laying over the silencing plates, and change that out twice a week.

Amazon product ASIN B088KTVSZQ
 
Last edited:

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 7.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 17 21.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 23 28.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 11.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 5.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 10 12.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 7.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new