Rookie mistake. Have you done the same?

Here’s a picture I took on 2/10. The tips are starting to turn purple. The acro is on its way to a recovery!

58701EFC-8885-4809-90BA-11881D797232.jpeg


Here’s a picture I took on 2/3 for comparison:



CC9BE623-16C1-4715-AD69-1A893E47B471.jpeg
 
Last edited:
I did this recently with a princess peach acro from TSA. I put it in ~450 micromoles immediately, not thinking at all. It didn't bleach immediately, but a lot of color left quickly and the polyps retracted for weeks. Oddly enough, it has been encrusting... so, i decided to leave it.

Coral is still somewhat pale, but the polyps are coming back out, and the base is still getting larger...

These animals are quite a bit more resilient / adaptive than we give them credit for.

I hope your tenuis colors up super nicely! The polyps out looks pretty reassuring.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new