Rookie Question

cactusreef

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
May 5, 2026
Messages
95
Reaction score
78
Location
california
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This might be a dumb question. I have HMS mounts for AI Hydra 32. It is slightly in my water as shown in the picture.

Is this a problem? It doesn’t feel like it’s metal and I would assume that the way it is mounted it should be able to go in the water but I wanted to make sure.

Thanks!
20260919_091211_31701779-A246-4F7F-928A-C5D28126492F.png
 
It feels like it’s made of a hefty plastic. Might be coated metal. Not sure. Based on the price and application I would hope it is coated metal that is designed to be able to touch the water….
 
I have 3 that are in the water like that and have been for years, its been fine for me
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.5%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 16 28.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 33.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 12.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new