Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can someone identify what the white root stuff is? Thanks

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

P-Dub

The ocean is open to all, merciful to none.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yup, sponge. Beneficial for the most part. Unless it gets out of control, then can release toxins when it dies off en' mass.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Its poriferan sponge and can actually be evasive over time. If it becomes as such, you can trim or inject it with air or vinegar via syringe to stop it in its' tracks
If you need to trim it. . make sure you use chemipure blue which will counter toxins and polish water at same time

OP
OP
T

Taylah

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some sort of sponge. Beneficial :)
Yup, sponge. Beneficial for the most part. Unless it gets out of control, then can release toxins when it dies off en' mass.
Its poriferan sponge and can actually be evasive over time. If it becomes as such, you can trim or inject it with air or vinegar via syringe to stop it in its' tracks
If you need to trim it. . make sure you use chemipure blue which will counter toxins and polish water at same time
FWIW I've had these in my tank for probably 4 years, and they've never been a problem. I assume available food is the limit to their growth.

Perfecto! Cheers for the quick replies and great info guys!!

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 22 35.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 11.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 21 33.9%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 11 17.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.6%

Back