Ross's 2000L+ UK Acropora SPS Tank

Ross86

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This tank all started a couple of years ago, I acquired it from a fellow reefing friend. He shutdown the tank as it no longer suited his circumstances, and knew I had some large fish fast outgrowing my then current tank. He offered it to me, I gave it some thought and purchased it.

Anybody interested in the previous owners build thread look here:
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/uk-400g-peninsular-reef-remote-sump.235621/

Me and a couple of friends went down to collect it and it sat quietly in preparation for the move. The new tank has a total water volume of closer to 2500L with sump so a good upgrade for my fish from my previous tank.

A new stand was needed, as it didn’t come with the tank. So this was first on the to do list. Secondly I decided to remove the closed loop and instead run multiple Maxspect Gyre 280’s.

Bit by bit the new tank has come online, rock work was added then my fish went in some time back. I’ve let it mature in it’s own time since then.

The tank will use Coral Essentials trace elements, Blue Life USA products for nutrient control and is going well so far. These are large fish and put out a lot of waste, I’ve had most of them for 13 years (Blue Tang, Clownfish etc) apart from the Achilles and Lipstick which are about 4 years in my possession.

I have chosen an ATI Powermodule 2018 Hybrid to light the tank. It’s an 8x80w and is doing a great job of covering the area, I will look into getting a second to accompany it at some point.

Skimming is taking care of by 2x Royal Exclusiv Bubble King Delux 300 Skimmers - 1 Internal and 1 External.

This brings us up until today, where the tank is ready to start being stocking with coral! I’ve decided all coral will be aquacultured and predominantly Acropora.

I’m looking forward to updating this build thread regularly!

tank1.JPG
tank.JPG

Last edited:

ndrwater

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks GREAT!! Looking forward to your updates!!

And WELCOME to R2R!!! I think you'll like it here!!

Janci

Staghorns will prevail
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R, @Ross86 !!!
That peninsula tank is amazing. Great dimensions and set up.
I'll be reading some more about this Coral Essentials.
I understand @Wrangy is using this already with good results?

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 27 30.3%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 21 23.6%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 22 24.7%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 19 21.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back