Rowaphos lowering alkalinity

ruggirello2

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 220 gallon system and I run 3 table spoons of rowaphos in a reactor. My phosphates started at .33. One week and a half later they are at .25. I keep my alkalinity at 9 and right now it is at 7, so my question is, is it the rowaphos lowering my alk?

OP
OP
R

ruggirello2

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also forgot to mention my ph has been very low, 7.7 and ph is supposed to be in between 8.1 and 8.4. I am going to calibrate my ph probe. If it's stlill low what should I do to raise it.

TopNotchCorals

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you tried running GFO?I have been running BRS GFO (HC) and it has kept my phosphates at 0ppm and has never messed with my DKH

OP
OP
R

ruggirello2

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How much do you run, about the same as if you were using rowaphos possibly. What I do is I switch it out every 3 to 4 days because it gets exhausted. Once my phosphates are at zero then I can switch it out less often most likely, that is, if my phosphates ever get to zero. I feed pellets and I heard those have the highest amounts of phosphate.

TopNotchCorals

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How much do you run, about the same as if you were using rowaphos possibly. What I do is I switch it out every 3 to 4 days because it gets exhausted. Once my phosphates are at zero then I can switch it out less often most likely, that is, if my phosphates ever get to zero. I feed pellets and I heard those have the highest amounts of phosphate.
2 tablespoons per every 10g and I change it out every 2 weeks.I run it in a BRS single reactor and my phosphates have never been over 0ppm at least thats what my Hanna Checker tells me.:bigsmile:

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 126 59.4%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 62 29.2%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 76 35.8%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 36 17.0%
  • Other

Votes: 62 29.2%
Back