Royal Exclusiv return pump. 50w vs 100w

  • Thread starter Thread starter Reefer911
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Reefer911

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 23, 2022
Messages
1,536
Reaction score
888
Location
Pensacola, FL
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am gathering equipment for my CADE Peninsula 1200 which is about 150 gallons total volume. I think like 135g in the display. The 50w is rated at 1300 gph and the 100w at 3000 gph. I haven't seen any data regarding flow at various heights. Obviously, I don't want to spend more $$$ if I don't have to.

Anyone think the 50w would be adequate for that system?

I do have a UV that I run as well so I will need to be able to increase and decrease flow depending on what I want to treat.
 
I am gathering equipment for my CADE Peninsula 1200 which is about 150 gallons total volume. I think like 135g in the display. The 50w is rated at 1300 gph and the 100w at 3000 gph. I haven't seen any data regarding flow at various heights. Obviously, I don't want to spend more $$$ if I don't have to.

Anyone think the 50w would be adequate for that system?

I do have a UV that I run as well so I will need to be able to increase and decrease flow depending on what I want to treat.

50w is too small imo go with the 100w. I have one on my 75g almost max speed pushing like 300gph. I do have a 36” tall stand and running 2x 1/2” returns which cuts output but still.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new