Royal Gramma Hardiness

  • Thread starter Thread starter Bear22
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Bear22

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 16, 2025
Messages
592
Reaction score
447
Location
USA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Royal Gramma Keepers:

I am looking to add one to my tank. What would you say is the hardiness factor when these guys are acquired as small younglings? I know with some species it's better to attain them when they are larger in size versus smaller.

Thoughts/experiences?

TIA
 
I wouldn't worry too much about Royal Grammas. They're known to be fairly hardy. I've been keeping them for many years and never had a loss, very resilient fish and they can hold their own usually from aggressive fish.
 
My experience is that they are one of the more hardy fish. Give them plenty of hiding places during acclimation. They are initially pretty shy. My last one was quite the borrower. They will defend their territory.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new