royal gramma help

Reef Shrimp

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 7, 2024
Messages
85
Reaction score
13
Location
Türkiye
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have one royal gramma in my 45 liter aquarium. I want to get a second one. These fish are turning from female to male. I want them to be a couple. Is it possible to have two royal grammas in a 45 liter aquarium?Should I take the second one, will there be death?

1000032680.jpg
 
There will most likely be aggression. If they don't kill each other and settle down at different spots, stay there and not wander around the tank, they will still keep losing a piece of tail here and there along the way from bickering each other in my experience. I think it would be less of a headache if you pick a different smaller fish with different color so you even more variety of fish that way as well.
 
There will most likely be aggression. If they don't kill each other and settle down at different spots, stay there and not wander around the tank, they will still keep losing a piece of tail here and there along the way from bickering each other in my experience. I think it would be less of a headache if you pick a different smaller fish with different color so you even more variety of fish that way as well.
They stay in the same place where I will buy 10 pieces
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 5.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 20.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 33 32.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 13 12.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new