Royal Gramma not looking good at all.

Reef.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think my Royal Gramma is not going to make it, got up this morning to my Gramma out of his hiding place, he was on the sand bed in full view, he never moved when he saw me, was moving around a little, then took a trip around the tank but then decided to sit in the clowns territory, they are not happy, they are flicking him but he refuses to leave that area, is this something they do before they die or something else?

Parameters good. could be lack of food, he is very picky with what he eats so is skinny.

Not sure what I can do here.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Sounds like it may be very weak from aggression
Pictures under white light would be helpful

OP
OP
Reef.

Reef.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like it may be very weak from aggression
Pictures under white light would be helpful

he moved from the clowns, was only there for 2 mins, they just flicked him didn’t bite, don’t
F4652B95-B1F3-4107-8AFB-8B5A10F41743.jpeg
think it was aggression from them that lead to him being on the sand bed, have a feeling he’s just weak from not eating well?

OP
OP
Reef.

Reef.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He’s still alive, no idea what’s going on with him, he’ll sit on the sand bed for ages then maybe swim to a new location, to someone that doesn’t know him I guess he looks normal but he’s not acting himself at all, he has never swam with the lights on, will hide as soon as they come on, yet he stayed out when I eventually turned them on.
I thought he had died at one point earlier today, the way he was laying, I even had the net in my hand ready to get him out, but he moved,
Feed the tank a few times today to see if he would eat, he never bothered with it.

Gvirgoan

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mines was like that after being bullied by 2 mocha clowns. I put him in the acclimation box and then he eventually died

OP
OP
Reef.

Reef.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mines was like that after being bullied by 2 mocha clowns. I put him in the acclimation box and then he eventually died

he really wasn’t getting bullied, they all got on together, would happily feed together.

Back