RP-M power head noise.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Scorchx1245

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So o dont know if this is normal or I'm just super sensitive to noise, but, as I run the pulse mode I keep hearing it hum quite loudly on the pulses. I hear it on the reef(random) mode as well. I keep thinking my phone is vibrating somewhere in the house, its not detramental but I don't know if there is anything I can do to help with the hum. I love the powerhead just the vibrational humming is just concerning.

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So o dont know if this is normal or I'm just super sensitive to noise, but, as I run the pulse mode I keep hearing it hum quite loudly on the pulses. I hear it on the reef(random) mode as well. I keep thinking my phone is vibrating somewhere in the house, its not detramental but I don't know if there is anything I can do to help with the hum. I love the powerhead just the vibrational humming is just concerning.

While it’s normal for all wavemakers to make some noise in any pulse modes, if you find it’s too much you might just need to re-align the impeller. Occasionally the impeller is knocked askew in shipping, so you might need to take it apart and make sure the impeller shaft is on center.

If you’re still having issues you can contact us for a replacement impeller.

OP
OP
Scorchx1245

Scorchx1245

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you and yeah I understand! I will take a look tonight, I do love the pump!

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you and yeah I understand! I will take a look tonight, I do love the pump!

Great, let me know what happens.

There is also a minor adjustment to the bushing that helps reduce noise, one of our customers found that if you push the front bushing out slightly, it gives the impeller more space:

2019-1-5 RPM Noise Fix.jpg

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 24 32.9%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 19 26.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 8.2%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 18 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back