RSR 250 Flow Question

Aaron Shapiro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all,

So the one area that I am having the hardest time wrapping my mind around is flow... I have two Maxspect XF230's on either end of my RSR250 plus the dual VFG's on my return. I've messed with the settings a few times, but it still seems like everything is getting whipped around and currently most of my Zoas and Euphyllia aren't opening up as much as they did in my previous tank. Am I turning these suckers up too high? They're both on anti-sync random maxing at like 40%... The video below is pretty indicative of the flow (notice the GSP always bent over one way):

Are these Gyres just too big for my tank, and I should swap'em for MP's or Nero5's? Should I just max these guys out at 20%? I was thinking about implementing Pelphrey's schedule, but he runs his way higher than I am currently.

Anyway, any help would be awesome,

Thanks

-A

Mastiffsrule

Where ever you go, there you are, so be nice 2 you
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry I’m late. Hope you’re doing well.

Am I correct that you just changed tanks? Any change in lights? I will say both of the coral you have I I have found react to a change in flow. Try moving them to a lower flow if possible. Usually these guys will react pretty fast telling you if they are happy or not

Edit. Can’t see the vid

MTBake

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can see the video and that does look like a lot of flow to me. Maybe take one of the gyres out till it's needed, after corals grow in. See if that's any better. You can always turn the one left up from the 40% if needed.

Stuck to your aquarium: Do you put reef-related stickers on or around your reef system?

• I have reef-related stickers everywhere!

Votes: 2 4.4%
  • I have some reef-related stickers on or around my reef system.

Votes: 10 22.2%
  • I have some reef-related stickers, but not on my reef system.

Votes: 10 22.2%
  • I don’t have reef-related stickers, but I am interested in getting some.

Votes: 6 13.3%
  • I have no interest in reef-related stickers.

Votes: 17 37.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back