RTN Major Alk Swing

Huskymaniac

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 31, 2017
Messages
1,587
Reaction score
818
What state or country do you live in
New Jersey
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My cal reactor ran out of co2 before I realized. Had a major alk drop from 10 to 6.8 in less than a day. This happened a week ago and over the last few days I have lost a few peices to rtn. How long do the effects typically last? I have been slowly working my way back up to DKH and monitoring via my trident. Just concerned about losing my entire tank.
 
Corals react very slow to dramatic parameter swings so It could take a couple of weeks to see the full effect but the majority will be in the first week or so.
 
Corals react very slow to dramatic parameter swings so It could take a couple of weeks to see the full effect but the majority will be in the first week or so.

So logically thinking the worst is over?
 
I had the same issue. Only one birds nest displays RTN. My Alk swing happened 4 days ago and the tissue loss has not progressed beyond the initial loss. Can it recover and grow? First photo (L) is from 4 days ago. Current is on the right.
 

Attachments

  • 9A3A17D5-D8EA-4FBB-89D5-1F69AEAC7C0E.jpeg
    9A3A17D5-D8EA-4FBB-89D5-1F69AEAC7C0E.jpeg
    148.5 KB · Views: 64
  • 3B25BDDC-9BEC-4C12-BB83-B371906C69D8.jpeg
    3B25BDDC-9BEC-4C12-BB83-B371906C69D8.jpeg
    94.9 KB · Views: 61
I had the same issue. Only one birds nest displays RTN. My Alk swing happened 4 days ago and the tissue loss has not progressed beyond the initial loss. Can it recover and grow? First photo (L) is from 4 days ago. Current is on the right.

If not progressing you are good.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 1 16.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new