Rtn?

Zero Nitrates

I love chalices
View Badges
Joined
Apr 17, 2013
Messages
2,557
Reaction score
822
Location
Asheville, NC
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I have RTN happening on my green birds nest?
Going to take it out tonight and frag it up.
Hopefully I can save some of it.
IMG_0742.jpg
 
I think I have RTN happening on my green birds nest?
Going to take it out tonight and frag it up.
Hopefully I can save some of it.
IMG_0742.jpg

If that just started happening, definitely looks like RTN. Hopefully fragging it will save some of it.
 
RTN most likely yes, from what is the question. What are your Cal, Alk Mg levels ? Often an Alk issue. Is there any coral below/up flow that could be the culprit ?

Cheers, todd
 
Last week I was exterminating some wild polyps in the tank with kalkwasser. I forgot to shutdown the powerheads and return. The kalk immediately got into the water column. I'm sure my ph went through the roof. I have another acro that is expelling zoanthae from its tips. Its all my fault, but all I can do now is try to fix it. Do you think I should do anything to the acro that is expelling zoanthae?
 
It could be the chemicals from the polyps you were trying to kill with the kalk, in combination with boost in pH. In my experience, these chemicals the corals use when in stress or when attacking other corals in close proximity can cause RTN.

I recommend running a decent amount of carbon to help remove these chemicals.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new