Rtn

  • Thread starter Thread starter AJsTank
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

AJsTank

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 2, 2013
Messages
601
Reaction score
347
Location
Centerville, Utah
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had a 4 inch frag of Red Dragon for about 3 months and it's been doing well and growing great. 2 days ago I decided I has to get my tangs out, so I ripped apart my rock structure. Stressed everything out pretty well. My torts, millis and other SPS are doing fine with good polyp extension. Why would just this red dragon RTN and not the other SPS? This is about a 6 month old system. I've been doing this for 14 years and I've actually never experienced it before.
 
Different corals act differently to stress. I moved and upgraded tanks and had two acros RTN, all the rest are fine.

It also depends on how that certain frag was treated during that stress event.

Sometimes things like RTN just happen.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 11 26.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 11 26.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 6 14.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 4.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 19.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 2.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new