RTN'ed acropora....savable?

Kzang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 75%
6   2   0
So I got some acros colonies from a specific vendor, and they royally messed up the shipment. They came with no water, and of course, the water soaked the heat packs.

I did some cipro, and it seemed to stop the advance, but most of it is gone. What are you thoughts? I'd rather not cut it off, and its splotchy areas of living tissue.

In theory, it should re-encrust over the dead tissue, right?

flyfisherman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
So I got some acros colonies from a specific vendor, and they royally messed up the shipment. They came with no water, and of course, the water soaked the heat packs.

I did some cipro, and it seemed to stop the advance, but most of it is gone. Whatl are you thoughts? I'd rather not cut it off, and its splotchy areas of living tissue.

In theory, it should re-encrust over the dead tissue, right?
Idiots - i would frag some nice branches and regrow, throw out the blotchy crap. That's assuming they aren't infested with bugs...

OP
OP
K

Kzang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 75%
6   2   0
Idiots - i would frag some nice branches and regrow, throw out the blotchy crap. That's assuming they aren't infested with bugs...
Well, they aren't really much left. From what I gathered, they will grow faster if I just cut them when they are less stressed. Supposedly they will grow slower if you let them encrust back over old skeleton.

Some of the branches I did frag off, RTNed and are completely dead. The cipro held off for little less than a day, but they mostly succumbed.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 41 16.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 15 6.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 144 57.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.6%
Back