Rubber mat on carpet?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Muznut
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Muznut

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 1, 2025
Messages
5
Reaction score
6
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Moving house and the place is carpeted everywhere I want to place my tank. I was thinking about using a rubber mat on the carpet and being very careful with water. Does anyone have tips?
 
Renting or do you own? If it's yours, rip up the carpet in that area.

With a rubber mat on a carpet, if the carpet is thick, I would be concerned with the stability.
 
Renting or do you own? If it's yours, rip up the carpet in that area.

With a rubber mat on a carpet, if the carpet is thick, I would be concerned with the stability.
It is not thick carpet but I appreciate the idea. Preferably, not ripping carpet up would be ideal.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 3 4.7%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 28.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 29.7%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 7 10.9%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 10.9%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new