Rubber padding under rocks?

Gregg @ ADP

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not the weight overall as I know the aquarium is designed for it. I just didn’t like so much weight resting in such a small area, where the rocks actually sit on the glass.
As somebody who has tried to break aquariums with a hammer and had to work a lot harder to do it than I thought I would, I can safely say that those rocks couldn’t break that glass if you threw them at it, much less rested them on it.

SteveMM62Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Be Careful about using Rubber Products in your Aquarium. Rubber Leaches and off gases Sulfur. Also it can be broken down by Sulfur in the water.

OP
OP
Reefer911

Reefer911

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As somebody who has tried to break aquariums with a hammer and had to work a lot harder to do it than I thought I would, I can safely say that those rocks couldn’t break that glass if you threw them at it, much less rested them on it.
I know. I used to be a firefighter and I once tried to break a car window with the pointed end of an axe. Bounced off several times and I gave up. Now the car window was curved which helped, but still. I realize that glass can be stronger than it seems.

And by the way, it’s not that I thought the tank would crack. I just didn’t want any scratches.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 76 35.2%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 3.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 58 26.9%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 67 31.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 3.7%
Back