Ruby update: velvet

fishgirljockey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi y’all,

few people asked how Ruby was doing since the velvet and secondary bacteria infection she had. She lost a lot of her fins along the way but she’s doing well guys! I had a scare yesterday with her being weird for a few hours. I thought maybe swim bladder or @Jay Hemdal mentioned maybe a neurological issue. She was swimming disoriented in wide circles. She had trouble just fighting the flow from the air stone. However, after a few hours she was back to normal. This morning she was doing great. She’s been in a bucket for about 4-5 weeks is and last night I decided to move her into a small empty tank I had laying around. It’s only 2.6 gallons but she has it to herself and she has a light. Maybe the bucket was too dark all day with no windows to look at anything. Maybe this could of made her disoriented? Here is an updated photo of her and I’ll post the video of her swimming weird yesterday. So far, all her fins have grown back! Few areas need a lot of filling out but man what a turn around she has done. This fish is a fighter and anyone who say animals done have feelings. She wanted to live!

Right now she gets Melafix and Pimafix. And every 3-4 days her and the other fish get a Methylene Blue bath for 60 mins. The Melafix/Pimafix have really done wonders for her. The other fish are in a bucket together with antibiotics; Kanaplex.

Here is her update:

This is the video of her when she was swimming a little odd:
https://youtube.com/shorts/V1Qvef8Bj0s?feature=share (let me know what you think) she’s not swimming like this anymore, she’s okay, but I’m curious to know what could of happened. It was only for a few hours.

A1AE47B3-E16D-4001-B4B0-9B7219D806FC.jpeg 20DEF9D9-9AEB-412E-B88B-408EF4DD1A08.jpeg E005DCC2-26FB-4A29-AF80-F02770F1A879.jpeg B9891A02-AF6C-4ADC-91BB-61E40FEE40DA.jpeg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
hi y’all,

few people asked how Ruby was doing since the velvet and secondary bacteria infection she had. She lost a lot of her fins along the way but she’s doing well guys! I had a scare yesterday with her being weird for a few hours. I thought maybe swim bladder or @Jay Hemdal mentioned maybe a neurological issue. She was swimming disoriented in wide circles. She had trouble just fighting the flow from the air stone. However, after a few hours she was back to normal. This morning she was doing great. She’s been in a bucket for about 4-5 weeks is and last night I decided to move her into a small empty tank I had laying around. It’s only 2.6 gallons but she has it to herself and she has a light. Maybe the bucket was too dark all day with no windows to look at anything. Maybe this could of made her disoriented? Here is an updated photo of her and I’ll post the video of her swimming weird yesterday. So far, all her fins have grown back! Few areas need a lot of filling out but man what a turn around she has done. This fish is a fighter and anyone who say animals done have feelings. She wanted to live!

Right now she gets Melafix and Pimafix. And every 3-4 days her and the other fish get a Methylene Blue bath for 60 mins. The Melafix/Pimafix have really done wonders for her. The other fish are in a bucket together with antibiotics; Kanaplex.

Here is her update:

This is the video of her when she was swimming a little odd: https://youtube.com/shorts/V1Qvef8Bj0s?feature=share (let me know what you think) she’s not swimming like this anymore, she’s okay, but I’m curious to know what could of happened. It was only for a few hours.

A1AE47B3-E16D-4001-B4B0-9B7219D806FC.jpeg 20DEF9D9-9AEB-412E-B88B-408EF4DD1A08.jpeg E005DCC2-26FB-4A29-AF80-F02770F1A879.jpeg B9891A02-AF6C-4ADC-91BB-61E40FEE40DA.jpeg
Still potential for regrowth

OP
OP
fishgirljockey

fishgirljockey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still potential for regrowth
Yeah. I’m happy the back fin grew! A whole chunk was missing. But she has had a lot of growth. Everything filled out. It just needs a bit more so hopefully it continues to fill out. Poor thing went through a war. Can’t believe she fought it. She’s definitely one of a kind

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 34 29.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 27 23.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back