Running my first Marathon

FX CharityCorals

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
May 7, 2008
Messages
822
Reaction score
40
Location
Macomb MI
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I have done multiple half marathons and 10ks but have decided to cross a full marathon off my bucket list. I will be doing it at the end of August in Marquette, Mi. I am following the Gym Jones program for training. Just wondering if anyone else runs them or has and has any tips.
 
I have done 3, here ae my cliffnotes:

1. Have fun otherwise it will be no fun!
2. Have a good diet and make sure you set weekly goals for training. I use endomondo and track all my training.
3. Stretch stretch and then stretch again.
4. I found getting long back to back runs each weekend prior were key for me. Ie 4 weeks before 18 miles, 3 weeks before 20 miles, 2 weeks before 22 miles, then tone it down till raceday.
5. Start getting used to energy bars, shot blocks or whatever works for you to stay energized during the race. Also your stomach has to get used to eating n the go.
6. Hydrate hydrate hydrate day before the race. Also would recommend thermo tabs or something of that sort to keep you from cramping and allow your body to absorb all the fluids.
7. Last but least if you feel like you are hitting a wall just tell yourself just 1 more mile. Eventually you will hit the finish line.

Good luck and enjoy! I just run for fun, not out to break any records and it is truely one of the things i enjoy most in life. Could be the runners high too, lol.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 42 31.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new