OP
dhof

dhof

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any ideas?

The brown stuff on ur substrate does look similar to what I had. Which would be good if true. I think u may need a microscope ID to be sure.

Yours doesn’t appear to be snotty like so many Dino pics appear to be so maybe u r lucky like me and they r just diatoms. I think it’s impossible to be sure without a microscope iD.

Lowefx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The brown stuff on ur substrate does look similar to what I had. Which would be good if true. I think u may need a microscope ID to be sure.

Yours doesn’t appear to be snotty like so many Dino pics appear to be so maybe u r lucky like me and they r just diatoms. I think it’s impossible to be sure without a microscope iD.
Heres an old video from last year

OP
OP
dhof

dhof

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Heres an old video from last year

Well the ones I saw in my Microscope were perfectly still. None of them moved at all. Mine were also almost perfectly circular. The video you shared has elongated things that are moving under their own power. I am not any sort of expert, but the fact that yours are "Moving" would lead me to think that they are Dinoflagellates. You might want to check more into whether similar appearing things exist in the Dino thread.

Lowefx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well the ones I saw in my Microscope were perfectly still. None of them moved at all. Mine were also almost perfectly circular. The video you shared has elongated things that are moving under their own power. I am not any sort of expert, but the fact that yours are "Moving" would lead me to think that they are Dinoflagellates. You might want to check more into whether similar appearing things exist in the Dino thread.
Yeah ive been following that for 2 years. This video was also a year and a half ago. Might not be the current state.

Lowefx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update. No3-4 po4-.02. And my cheato is 1/4 the size it was a month ago. Im having more diatom and cyano in the main display. Last week i did a 50% water change and syphoned everything out twice, it just came back in 2 days with vengeance. The only thing i can think of is that my tank is too clean. Im open to any ideas #reefsquad
b2e46c22e0bd43ecf3dcf29aa1bbbbc1.jpg

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 20 31.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 52 81.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 15.6%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.9%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.7%
Back