S500 Move and Plumping Changes

FeughView

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi

New member here. I have had my S500 up and running for about three years and have decided to move it into another room. Looking for any advise members can give me in coordinate all this. While I have teh tank empty I am also going to use the opportunity to changee some of the plumbing including installing a roller filter and a new gate valve.

I would appreciate any pointers those who have done this can give me. I am obviously particularly concerned about my fish health during the move.

I am also looking at options to change out the lighting and cant seem to get my head around teh best option. I think i have narrowed it down to Kessil AP700 or Maxspect Curve but interested in any other options.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A few large food-safe tubs would work as a temporary measure to hold your water, rock, corals, fish, inverts, etc. All you really need are some heaters and wavemakers to ensure adequate flow and keep your water parameters stable.

You should be ok without filtration for the better part of a day, but if this project is going to entail a longer period of downtume you might want to jury rig one of the tubs as a make-shift sump with return pump, filtration, skimmer, etc. or look at some sort of HOB or canister filtration.

OP
OP
F

FeughView

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks blaxsun. Pretty much what I was intending to do. Currently working on how to get some of the plumbing changes done prior to th emove to minimize the tank downtime on the actual day.

Do you know if you can remove the retrn pipework with the S500 built up? If I disconnect at the tank is there enough space to pull out the complete 40mm downpipe? Thsat would let me get the new gate valve fitted aling with teh connection for the fleece filter done and back in prior to the move and save a considerable amount of time on the day of the move.

Back